Membership and Openings
What is the process of becoming a Daybreak member?
The responsibility to decide whether you are a good fit for Daybreak Cohousing is a personal one. We recommend that you visit Daybreak at least three times before you make an offer, or sign a rental agreement. Make plans to:
- Schedule a one-on-one tour with our Membership Team
- Come to a happy hour
- Join us for dinner
- Roll up your sleeves and join us for a workday
- Attend and observe our monthly plenary
After your offer has been accepted, you will be given access to browse our intranet, read meeting minutes, and if questions come up, send us an email and we will do our best to find an answer for you.
How are new members supported?
- You are assigned a resident buddy to answer questions and concerns, and support the logistics of moving and transitioning
- The Membership Team arranges an orientation session
- Invitations are given to attend dinners, potlucks and other events
- Opportunities are offered to share knowledge and skills on workdays
- You are encouraged to visit standing team meetings and decide how you will participate in our community
Stay in touch
If you would like to be added to our notification list, we will send you an email as units become available.